Monday, October 8, 2012

Birthday Cake

I had Cliff's sponge birthday cake made at Safeway
midvalley Morwell. I had gone to three shops in
Morwell and Kath had gone to two in Moe to try to
find the Carlton football symbol to put on the cake.
The best I could find was a rubber figure of a
Carlton football player but it looked more like a
'super hero' figure than a footballer.

When I took the figure in with candles, a large 6 and
0 to put on the cake they could not find the order.
Turns out it had been put in the wrong day, Sunday
rather than Friday. So it was a good thing that I was
putting them on the cake as if I hadn't I would have
ended up with no cake at all!!

I picked up the cake and then went to the party shop
to collect the ballons which were not blown up yet and
I had to wait for them. I delivered the cake to the
staff at the Club, but was so excited by the night that
I nearly forgot to have the staff bring it out.

People were leaving when I remembered!!

But I think only Meg, Mick and Keith missed out.

It had a blue-green icing on it and to be too delicate
I was shitting green poo till the following Wednesday!

Everyone said it was the best sponge cake they had
tasted as it was so fresh!

No comments: