Monday, February 18, 2013

Talhia Throws a Wobbley.

As soon as Kath walked in with her kids last Wednesday, I
could see that she was in a 'mood'.

I asked Kath did she still want me to mind Kirsten for
Valentines's Evening and she said no it was not necessary.

Talhia piped up that Kath should not be going out as she is
married! Kath instead of saying that Talhia should be minding
her own business and not telling an adult what to do as Talhia
is ONLY a child, Kath started to defend herself.

Kath said Nathan was going out so why couldn't she. Talhia
then very piously said "Two wrongs don't make a right.!" It
seems obvious to me that this is something Grandma Toss has
said and she is repeating it.

Then Ryley started to play with his lego in the doorway
between the kitchen and dinning room and I went to him and
saidit would be better if he picked them up and played with
them in the lounge room out of everyone's way. He totally
ignored me.
I picked him up and stood him over the lego and put my foor gently
on his lego and said "See someone is going to walk on them but not
like this they will break them if they walk on them." He pulled
away from me and ran to mum and would not pick them up. Then
Talhia came over and picked the lego up for him. If she keeps
stepping in and interferring then he will never learn to do the
things he should do, but what was worse she added as she walked
away. "Nan stop shit stirring Ryley." Well I went up to her and
gave her three good smacks on the butt. She looked shocked and I
said in a firm voice. "You are a child, I am an adult. I will
not put up with you speaking to me like that." She then screamed
at me "Don't" I slapped her across the face and said "I don't
scream at you like that and I will continue to hit you as long as
you scream at me." She continued to sceam at me and I continued
to slap her.

Then Kath stepped in, but as usuall she did the wrong thing.
Instead of supporting me. She said "Mum stop" which essential
supports Talhia in her cheeky behaviour. Then Kath pulled Talhia
away. Talhia then ran off grabbed Kath's mobile and rang her dad
to come and pick her up. Typically selfish child. They had barely
been there 30 minutes. I left in disgust saying that "If thoses
children were discipilined then they would not be backchatting and
ignoring what they are told." Kath had the nerve to say "Tell
Nathan." All very well as he has only had them for a year. What
about the previous 9 years when the only child disciplined in the
house was Kirsten.



No comments: