Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Lights Go Out.

Early Thursday morning just before 3 a.m. I was playing
on the laptop when the lights went out. The light came
back on for a few seconds and then went out again.

I went outside to check if it was just my meter box or the
street, and it turned out that the power pole in the front
of number 31 had sparks coming off its two arms. Lucily
a light mist had been falling for several hours, this meant
there was no danger of the sparks starting a fire.

I had a hard time finding a number to ring to report the
problem. It took nearly ten minutes. The network said that
there had already been a report and that a unit was being
dispatched.

The unit turned up at about 3.20 a.m. and started repairs
at about 3.30 a.m. when I woke up at 9.30 a.m. it was to
find that the power was still not on. At 10.30 a.m. it was
still not on and the truck had gone so I rang up the network
to hear a recorded messsage that said the power should be
back on at 11 a.m. but it came back on at 10 45 a.m.

I felt sorry for all the workers relying on their electric
clocks to get up. Not to mention households in the area who
are all electric, looks like they would be getting take out
for breakfest!

As for me my Sunbeam water cooler has not worked since. I
figured that the on off power surge has buggered it.

No comments: