Monday, July 30, 2007

Kirsten and Ross's Birthday - Meg and Simon

Kirsten was nine on 19th July. Kath wanted the family to have a party for her because it is the last single digit birthday. That means next year we have to have a party because it is her first double digit birthday! I had one party as a child and that was for my tenth birthday. The next party I had was my 21st.

We went to the Morwell Bowling Club as the top pub was undergoing renovations. Meg and Simon reckon that the Italian Club meals have gone down hill since he left there. I know the meals got worse when he left the Morwell Club.

Yes, Meg and Simon are back together again. I think he is afraid of committment. When things get too serious he breaks up to put distance between them. Meg has finally realised he doesn't mean it. He is just taking a breath for a week or two, then he comes back and says he really loves her and can she forgive him. The first three times he did it she was really hurt but now knows that what I have said is true and just nods and says "Whatever." I'm sure there will be another break up before the end of the year, as there are plans to build a house and last time, when it came time to sign the contract that's when he got cold feet.

Back to the birthday party. As stated before Ross and Kirsten share a birthday. When Ross found out that she had been born on his birthday he said "She's stolen my birthday." Other uncles would have been pleased that a niece shared their birthday but no he is jealous. Shows the level of maturity.

So we always include him in her birthday celebrations so he doesn't feel left out. He was 28. Naturally Cliff and Keith were there. But Nathen would not allow Talhia and Jasmine to come. Kirsten received about six Bratz dolls. Plus clothes for them. Meg and Simon gave her lots of clothes for herself. She is in a growth spurt. I gave her a strap with Kirsten on it that she will use for her Tamagotchi, which she plans to buy at the weekend with her birthday money. I also gave her a Bratz writing book and a Bratz pencil case. She says she will write her stories in the book. I bought her a book to read but put it away safe from her eyes and now can't find it.

Kath promised to bake her a cake. That made me laugh and Kath hit me on the arm. As it turned out she got Meg to buy one from Coles. I didn't say a WORD.

All in all a good night.

No comments: