Wednesday, July 25, 2007

My Birthday

I was 58 on the 11th July. It is not a special birthday so there was no need for a family party. I was looking forward to just Cliff and I having tea at the Morweel Club and then buying some raffle tickets and maybe a little play on the machines.

Then on Monday I was having my afternoon nanna nap when I dreamt that I heard my daughter and her three children. When I woke up it was no dream, they were here.

So on the Wednesday Kathleen decided that she wanted to come out with me and bring the kids along.

So when Nathen rang up and asked to have the girls overnight I was overjoyed and didn't think "Hang on a moment, here is a bloke who would rather spend hours on his play station than even fetch one of them a drink of water. What does he want them for the whole night for?"

So Kath sent them up to Yallourn North with him and went out with Meg and I had my night with Cliff.

As our membership renewal had just been paid we were entitled to two half price meals so we ordered the prawns and paid under twenty dollars. We splurged on ten dollars woth of raffle tickets and ended up with a seafood tray and a voucher for twenty dollars worth of seafood. I put in five dollars in the machines and won ten and Cliff put in fifty dollars and won a hundred so it was a GREAT night.

The only let down was that orginally Cliff was going to stay the night but with Kath here he went home.

I received a phone message from Meg and a card from Meg and Kath. Meg bought me "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time." (I had asked for it after reading a "Spot of Bother") and Don Jr rang and gave me "Lean Mean Thirteen" (Which I also asked for.)

All in all a good day.

No comments: