Thursday, December 4, 2008

Computer Problems and My Surveys.

I think I really hate computers.

I just spent twenty minutes doing this post and
went to publish it and it said Sevicer Error 502
and completely lost the whole thing!!!!

I am having trouble with doing my surveys. Every
time I answer a question and press the NEXT button,
I get a message that says there is an error on Line...
it asks if I want to fix the problem, at first I use
to say yes, but it would take FOREVER and then tell
me it could not fix the problem and that the internet
had to shut down. So now I select No I will not
fix the problem, but I have to do this AFTER EVERY
question and it makes taking the surveys much longer!

One survey group sends me surveys regularly but they
grossly underestimate the time it takes to do them.
The last one on Friday was suppose to take 15 minutes
to complete. It took nearly 40 minutes and I was
screened out which means I did not even finish it!
They will 'award' me 20 points! It takes 5,500 points
to receive a $100 Coles/Myer Voucher, which works
out to be 55 points=$1, so for the forty minutes I
'earned' a little under 40 cents, I feel like one of
those workers in a sweat shop! at this rate it will
be 5 years and 5,000 hours of doing surveys before
I earn the $100!

The galling part is I paid $35 to get a list of these
companies that issue surveys and the company selling
them said "You can earn $1,000's every week." As far
as I can see there are not enough hours in the week
to earn more than $168 with this company and that means
just doing surveys 24/7!!!

Another company 'pays' a decent amount for a $100 voucher
you need 1060 points and in some of their surveys thay
'pay' 600 points, unfortunately I have only been eligible
to do one of these as most times the surveys are finished
before I get to them. Once I tried doing one within three
hours of receiving it and it was already FULL!

The easiest one has been a survey of cinemas, I go and
watch and write down all the ads before the feature film,
it takes about twenty minutes and they pay $25 for each
survey so far in the last year I have done 4 of these,
which means I have covered my initial outlay of $35! But
it is the only money I have seen in the fifteen months I
have been doing surveys! I am cdertainly not going to
make my fortune this way! but as my Aunty Josie was wont
to say "It's pin money dear!"

No comments: