Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Serendipity

This has been happening to me my whole life but I
didn't really start to notice it till I began working
for Australia Post.

I'd see an envelope with a city, town etc on it that I
had never seen or heard of before and have to look up
where it went and low and behold the very next day
there would be an article in The Sun about that town.

Last week there was a program on Channel 7, "Life After
People" and one of the things they talked about was the
failing of power stations except for Hoover dam. They
gave quite a bit of information about the dam and up to
now I have only heard of it in movies. Then the very
next day I saw an ad on T.V. for a show that will be
screening over the next seven weeks on Sunday call "The
Seven Wonders of the Modern World." The first program
to be about the 'Hoover Dam' on Sunday 30th November, 2008.

I watched the program and found it fasinating. They are
going to feature 'The Brooklyn Bridge' next week. Then
on Monday night (the very next day!) on the first episode
of the new season of "The Darlings" Donald Sutherland is
talking about the fact that 27 men died building the
'Brooklyn Bridge'!

How many other people have that going on in their lives?

No comments: