Friday, June 5, 2009

A Busy, Busy Day.

Saturday 6th June, 2009. What a day! Awake at 6 a.m. and
of course with Cliff tossing and turning I could not get
back to sleep.

I read till 8 a.m. then we got up and dresssed. Went and
did the three Traralgon garage sales. The first and third
one were busts but we spent over $60 on the second one!

Then down to subway for breakfest and rushed to Morwell.
One garage sale was actually on tomorrow and we did only one
other. Where Cliff got this great train and fire engine!
I found some nice photo albums. Like little brag books!

Dropped him at the shop and went to find where Hazel lives
to give her the paperwork for her party. I knew she lived
off Vary st and was driving down that street thinking it was
on the right hand side and I saw a notice for a garage sale
not in the paper. I went and checked it out and they had some
nice blue glass.

Told the man I would bring back the other half as he was into
that.

Looked up the map and found Hazel's was the street that had been
blocked off from Vary St and you only get to it from Hourigan Rd.
To top it of it was one of those houses with a hundred stairs up
to it!

As soon as I walked into the house I saw that she was INTO DUCKS!
They were everywhere!

Of course I mentioned that and she said that she had seen the ducks
in the catologue and that was what she wanted.

I said that there were two types of elephants and that many people
collected them as well. She said that she had this friend that
collected cows. I said "It wouldn't be Karen Campbell" and she
said "Yes, it is!" Yet Karen had not invited Hazel to her party!
Hazel told me that Karen and Ted have split up!

From there I raced home to do the dishes and the clothes only to
find that Meg had bolted the front door and I did not have the back
door key. I rang her, but she was playing netball in Heyfield and
was not coming home till Sunday!

Had a phone call from Barbara and she wanted a book. But by then
it was twelve and I went back to the shop and Cliff closed up as
it had been slow for the last half an hour.

I drove him to the 'glass' garage sale and he did buy them (but as
he was taking them out of the car when he was at home he found that
the best one had broken! (Isn't that the way?) He also bought a
nice looking sideboard. It was for the Rosedale shop.

We then went and dropped the book off at Barbara's and then back to
his house! I then started packing up all the display items from the
lounge room.

No comments: