Friday, April 29, 2011

Easter 2011

I rang Kath on Saturday night to tell her that I
was not feeling well and Cliff and I would not be
up for Easter Sunday but we would catch up either
Monday or Tuesday.

It turns out that neither Meg nor Don had told her
they were going with Lisa to visit Uncle Bill. So
it was left to me to tell her they would not be
coming. As Don was not coming neither were his
four kids. Ross had a gig and Keith was seeing
friends.

At the end of the phone call I could hear the tears
in her voice!

Cliff and I went up Tuesday and took the 'toy'
stove that he had bought for the kids as well as ice
cream, rather than heaps of easter eggs as I
figured they would have got tons from Nathan's side,
and I was right, but they rarely have ice cream
especially the fancy sort so I thought that might
go down better.

Kath confirmed that after my phone call she had a cry.
She had been planning this big Easter Egg hunt and
fancy day and it just didn't happen!

No comments: