Friday, April 15, 2011

Fluffy Bunny.

I had the weirdest dream Thursday morning. I was
at some sort of auction to raise money for a
hospital. Meg was one of the people who had donated
items to the auction. But in addition there was a
prepared statement about what the donor thought of
their mother.

The statement about me was read out and it was full
of wonderful things. Then the first item of Meg's
was put up for sale and it was "Fluffy Bunny". The
trouble was that "Fluffy Bunny" was not Meg's to
donate.

I went up to the people who had paid $4 for "Fluffy
Bunny" and told them the stroy pointing out that
therefore it was not Me's to donate! the story is
as follows:-

On Jan 12th 1981, my younger daughter Kathleen was
born. A couple of months later the Woman's Weekly
ran a competition from some company that was giving
away a dishwasher as first prize.

You had to write in 25 words or less why you wanted
to win a dishwasher. I wrote that "The one I have
now, HE doesn't work as well as HE used to." I still
think it is funny even now!

I did not win the dishwasher but I did win second
prize, one of 100 "Fluffy Easter Bunnies." He
arrived just before Easter. I remember reading about
the win, one day when I was waiting outside Meg's
kindergarden to pick her up.

However babies being babies one day Kath spewed up
on "Fluffy Bunny" and her father being the helpful
person that he always was threw it in the washing
machine, rather that wiping the spew off by hand
and hanging it on the line.

When "Fluffy Bunny" came out of the machine his
beautful blue eyes were badly scratched, his
filling had all bunched up in the middle, and his
lovely fluffy fur was like rat's tails. He never
recovered. He is 30 years old this Easter and now
lives in a gar bag in the attic. I told Kath about
this dream and she said that she had seen him last
year when she did the raid on the attic.

I wonder if this dream was a result of the quarrel
on Tuesday at lunch time!! and if so what is it's
meaning.

No comments: