Friday, October 18, 2013

Scentsy

Sarah invited me to a Scentsy party. I had thought from the name this
was a perfume mob. Turned out they are a CANDLE mob.

After working at PartyLite for nearly two years I have enough candles
to last a life time.

There were about ten guests. There were two demonstrators, who said
they were the first agents in Gippsland for the company.

They played an introduction game to 'get us warmed up.'

We had to say what thing we have never done. For each time we said
something that someone else has done we received a 5 cent piece from
that person. The winner was the person who had the most coins at the
end of the game.

We each had two turns. On the first turn I said I have never driven
across the Nullabor plain, but it turns out only two other guests had
done that included the girl visiting from America.

On the second guess I said "I have never eaten Yoghurt." This was a
better statement as I received 9 coins.

As for the girl from America, I placed her age at about 35. She said
she was visiting her fiancé whom she met on the internet. Later on
she said she was 21. I did a double take and thought who was she
kidding! During the introductions she said she could remember hiding
under the front verandah when she was about three back in 1975. This
means her actual age is 41! She said her fiancé was 5 years older than
her when she claimed to be 21! meaning he was 26! I wondered how long
she was going to keep up the pretense as she would be bound to slip up
again!

Kath did not order anything. I only ordered two stuffed toys one for
Dyne and the other for Kirsten who wanted one for her Xmas present.
You put Scentsy block incense into them and they cover the bad smells
in the room. Especially good for Dyne who is still in nappies. Sort
of like a camphor block.

The only candles they have are ones to be burnt in an electric melt
warmer. I have enough of those as stated earlier.


No comments: