Sunday, October 13, 2013

Kathleen's Little Break

I have never really understood Kathleen. Donald keeps his
own council and gets rid of his anger and frustration through
sport. Meg has always been able to talk about her problems
and any left over frustration is channeled into her netball.
But Kathleen is a closed book. She turns everything in upon
herself. She does not talk about her problems and has no
outlet for any anger of frustration.

So it was hardly surprising when Donald rang me on Friday
20th Sept. to say she was in hospital. Have still not been
able to piece together the whole story. It seems she went
to Cliff's shop and told him she need to "get away" to have
some piece and quiet as she was being driven "MAD."

Sometime after she got home and Nathan had dropped of the
kids, she started to play with the boys. She had bought
a number of cars and a helicopter from Cliff's shop and was
playing with these. Dayne did not want to play and she said
her father was coming to get her soon. She then messaged
Nathan something along the lines of daddy come and get me.
He thought it was Thalia and rang her. She said it was not
her but Mum and mum was acting strange. Nathan then came
up and didn't like the way Kath was acting so rang an
ambulance. He then rang Donald. Donald and Lisa went to
the hospital.

He rang me then hung up. I rang back and he said it was a
mistake. I talked to him about his grand final which was the
next day and he said it was at Traralgon so I said I would not
be driving over there.

About three minutes later Meg send a message to say ring Donald.
I rang her and said that I had just spoken to him. She was
cagey and said I needed to ring Donald again. So I did. It
turns out that both of them talked about the situation and Donald
thought I would go off half cocked! (does the boy not know me at
all!! I have ALWAYS been the calm one. I have had so much shit
happen in my life that nothing much fazes me anymore. Don't they
remember I was a psychiatric nurse at one stage in my life???

Anyhow, Donald said that after about half an hour of his and Lisa
arriving and talking to Kathleen she seemed to "snap' out of it.
So as he had to get up early the next day he and Lisa left about
midnight and then Meg who had gone out to dinner with Mick and
Lisa went back to the hospital and stayed to 3 a.m. when they let
Meg take her home to Meg's house where she stayed for 24 hours.

No comments: