Thursday, November 14, 2013

Gee Gees

Melbourne Cup at Cliff's house this year was on Tuesday,
5th November.

Donald, Lisa, Sam, Meg, Mick, Kath, Kirsten (and actually a
boy who was introduced as 'Kirsten's boyfriend') Lena, her
boyfriend and John all came for the BBQ and Cup races.

Bev and Tony had other arrangements. Sue and Allen didn't
come because he was on nightshift. Didn't hear from Richard
and his mum. Cliff said he does NOT have Gavin's phone
number, so we could not invite him. Elsie also had other
arrangements.

I had sweeps for all the races. This year I charged $1 a
race and $2 for the cup. Kath was a winner John broke even
as did Cliff. I think everyone else including myself were
losers.

I did not ask anyone to bring anything other than bread and
margarine. I think all the food cost about $100, this was
shared by Cliff. He did all the cooking of the meat and I
did the cocktail franks.

All the meat was eaten but more than half the salads were
left.

Later everyone said it was the BEST Melbourne Cup Day EVER!!!

No comments: