Sunday, November 24, 2013

Kirsten Plays Up

I had checked with the school and Kirsten seems to be missing
two days a week this term. So I rang Kath who said Kirsten is
refusing to go and Kath is not physically capable of dragging
her out of bed and putting her in the car and taking her.

So Kath and I agreed that Kirsten would come and stay with me
the rest of the term.

I went up on Sunday the 17th and was surprised to find that she
came quite willingly. Her mother said she had at first refused.

On the way back to Morwell she told me she was not feeling well.
I asked her is that why she only picked at her tea. She said yes.
I asked her if she was hungry and she said no, I said I was and
would she mind if I went to McDonalds and got something to eat.

She said it was OK. By the time we got back to my place it was
nearly a quarter past 8 p.m.

She asked me if I could give her $20 as she owed it to a girl at
school and mum had given her the money but she had left it. Silly
me instead of saying "I'll give it to you tomorrow morning before
school", I gave it to her then and there.

She said she was still sick and was going to lie down.

At 8.35 p.m. I went in to check on her and see if she wanted to come
and watch Bones with me only to find she and her bag were GONE!!!

I had left my phone at Cliff's so I had to drive to his place and get
it. I rang her mobile from Ciff's home phone but she did not answer.
I left the message "If you do not ring me within 5 minutes I will
ring the police."

She never rang back all night.

I rang Meg, Donald and Kath. No one had heard from her.

Kirsten had mentioned she had spent the entire weekend with friends.
When I told Kath that she was surprised as she was suppose to be at
Nan Leonine's. So I rang her but she did not know where these friends
were except they lived around the corner from Kinen.

Kath said she had picked Kirsten up from the house.

Kath also tried to ring her but there was no answer. Kirsten did text
her to say she was safe and not to worry and she would be at school on
Monday! I went down to the station and saw a young policewoman. Kara,
she was very nice but said that at 15 they could not 'drag' her home if
she did not want to go.

They did manger to get her to speak to them and confirm she was at the
friend's at Churchill.

She had teed it up with them before she left home to go to the Well St
shops and she would meet them there at 9 p.m.!!!That was why she was
not fighting with me about coming to my place!

No comments: