Sunday, April 15, 2007

Easter

Well I have as usual enjoyed Easter. I sent cards this year. I like sending cards at Christmas too.

Birthdays deserve cards as well. It was my son Don's 33rd birthday this year.

The family gathered at Cliff's for the exchange of Easter eggs. The family began arriving at 2 p.m. Cliff had come home from the 'new' shop at Rosedal at 1.3o p.m. and he though the family had been and gone. I say he never listens and it was another proof I am right. He swears I said it was all happening at 10 a.m.

So what did he do? he went off to bed!!! I had to drag his sorry arse back out!

Then he spent the 'whole' afternoon talking to Simon, Meg's partner.

My friend Beryl Anderson, who lives in Traralgon and is doing the writing and editing course with me, came as well.

Beryl and I spent 15 minutes hiding 'small' aster eggs in the Bar-Be-Que area. When all the kids arrived they had a fun time and much laughter finding all the eggs. Only one went undiscovered . Beryl had hidden it in the bristles of the broom, but as it was upside down, it was too hight for the kids to find. We had to wait for Jess to find it. At 13 she was the oldest 'child' here.

Melissa (Kim's oldest) didn't come. She and her mother are on the outs AGAIN. Sarah went around to her place and picked up the boys. There is Jarrad, (10) who is a female version of his mother, Nathan (8) and the twins Corey and Jackson (6).

Brooke (11) Don's oldest wasn't there as she was on holiday in Queensland with her mother. Maddison (8) Connor (6) and Sammual (5) Don's other kids were there.

Kath and Nathan came witheir three girls, Kirsten (8), Talhia (4) and Jasmine (2).

Had a problem with Connor. He started to winge and cry that he didn't get as much as the older kids. The fact was all the other kids got about three eggs, but they received presents as well. Kirsten was given an easter mug. Maddy an Easter sponge with easter Bunny soap. Brooke's easter mug was to be taken home for later. Where as Connor only received Easter eggs, five to be exact. Connor said he was old enough to 'get stuff.' So I said I would keep that in mind for next year. he gave me a kiss and went off home with dad. But a minutes later he was back saying "Nan , you have to make it different 'stuff' from Sammy." I reassured him he would get different 'stuff' from Sammual.

The first to arrive were Meg and Simon and they were the last to leave.

In fact Simon wanted to stay and help with my jigsaw puzzle. He spent over an hour looking for a piece of a motor bike. The next day I dropped a piece on the floor and when I bent down to retrieve it, lo and behold, there was the missing bike bit. It is a 1,000 piece puzzle and I have abot 75% of it done.

Mostly these holidays have been spent doing my Non Fiction Project. When the holidays started it was two thousand words and now it is up to 20,000 words and climbing fast.

School goes back to-day!! Are all the mother happy out there?

No comments: