Tuesday, April 10, 2007

St. Patrick's Day.

Even though I am adopted I still celebrate the day as both my adoptive parents were Irish. Though dad was an orange man and mum was Catholic.

My daughter Meg and a friend, Gary, (just a friend) Cliff and myself went to a local Traralgon bar that was promoting the day. Though it was six p.m. the weather outside was pleasant at least for the first 40 minutes then a breeze picked up and we went inside.

Cliff was happy as they had a 'big' screen T.V. and he got to see Carlton play in the cup final. He couldn't hear it as they had turned off the sound because of the band.

I enjoyed it because the band wasn't too bad.

Gary and Meg enjoyed it because they got to drink lots as the promotion was four beers to get a hat (male) and four ice coolers to get a hat (female).

Cliff and I 'took' the hats and proudly wore them.

I even scored a balloon as we left at 'half time' so Cliff could watch the rest of the game at home and the young ones were going to the pictures.

No comments: