Saturday, April 28, 2007

Oops!

At class on Thursday Catherine asked had I bought my children's novel in for workshopping? Of course I had not! I had not even started it!!! She said she had me down to be workshopped. I did not have that note. Oops! I just smiled and said "No" but then she threw me a curve. She asked could I bring it in next week. I hummed and hawed and said 'yes.'

So I have spent all of Saturday and Sunday doing my children's book. I'm reasonable pleased with it. It's a non fiction story about an eight year old girl going on a houseboat cruise with her grandparents down the Murray river.

In class Catherine asked us to do an A B C type book with alliteration. I'm just a smarty. I was the only one out of the dozen students to finish. Though I had trouble with an 'animal' for X and had to settle for a variety of toad called 'xenopus'. I had some birds in it too.

I liked my A B C so much I finished it off at the weekend and called it "Animal Beasties for naughty Children." Note the capitals in the title form A B C! Just so good!! If I was good at drawing I would have done the illustrations. I had some really funny ones in mind! Will ask my friend Beryl, who is good at drawing to do some for me.

No comments: