Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Holidays.

They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions. I had intended to catch up with my private reading during the holidays as during term I am reading for 'study' purposes. But I did not pick up a book.

Instead I bought a jigsaw and started that. But the holidays ran out before I finished as I was doing the work on the non fiction project. A thousand words a day.

The jigsaw is sitting on the coffee table in Cliff's lounge room. It is covered by the table cloth. He wants to know when I will finish it as it is in 'his way'. I don't know how that can be when he has his 'work' (the newspaper and race form) on top of the table cloth. But I guess he is just being a man.

Funny thing happeded during the holidays. Keith (Cliff's youngest son, 26) moved to Morwell and took two of the dogs with him. A lady rang Cliff's house to say the dogs were in the street. Ross (Cliff's oldest son, 27) answered the phone and said "I'll put you on to dad's girlfriend." His father and I have been engaged for six years this year! and he still won't recognise it.

It's like my ex step daughter. When I was married to her father she referred to me as "my father's wife." She couldn't remove me any further from her. Strange thing is now she speaks of me as her ex step mother!!!

No comments: