Friday, April 20, 2007

TAFE

My non fiction project is taught by Cora Pal. At the beginning of the year we started with three students then two more came, but ow there is just me. It's great being in a class of one. Though the feed back is not from other students at least I have the teacher's undivided attention. On top of which when she is sick, as she was today she rings and lets me know and I don't have to go in at all.

Rang St. Mary's Cathedral, Sydney, where I was baptised and asked for my certificate. The lady was ever so nice! Unbeliablely it was sent free of charge within four days!!

Saw the National Trust magazine, Reflections, on the web and there was an article on the old Ramsgate Baths, in Sydney. I couldn't access the article, so I rang them and the lady said she would send me a copy FREE! I used to swim at the Baths when I was in primary school (1950's).

I did what most people do on the net and Googled myself. I was there twice. The only Gloria McDougall in Australia. I appeared once from Monash University and the other was when I won the "Big Ask" competition through the library and it was in the local paper.

I tried my son Don McDougall and nearly six hundred came up! The second reference was to my ex husband and his wife Shirley and there was a picture of them, with the article. (Though Shirl's back is turned).

I couldn't find one reference to my son even though he is always in the local paper re sporting achievements. His picture was in Monday's Latrobe Valley Express 16th April, 2007.

Tried my daughter Meg and there were three references, but only the last one was her and that was an entry to her friend's Blog site. She was upset when I told her. She said it was a private entry. Blogs are not private. They are in the public domain.

I told her about my blog site, (which did not come up in the search of my name) and she has threatened me with death if I write about her private life.

Lastly tried my baby Kathleen McDougall and there were no refernces at all.

Cliff had one reference to coming last in a chess championship in 2003.

So there is still time for all of us to make our mark.

No comments: