Wednesday, June 4, 2008

31 on the 31st!

Meg had her 31st birthday on Saturday. Some of the people did
not come and everyone was gone by 11.30 p.m. and she had booked
the hall till 1 a.m. so I think she was a little diasappointed,
especially at Kim and family.

Shirley is down from Ipswich and is looking good. She is
staying at Elsie's for the week and then going to her brother's
for a week before she goes home. She still doesn't know if she
is going to move back here. She said she will have a garage sale
and see what happens after that.

The most amazing thing is she gave me two medals that belonged
to Uncle Harry, apparently Don had them. How or why is beyond
me. The truth of the matter is that I did not even know that
they existed. They are two Lodge medals and Cliff is going to
help me find out more about them.

The kids knew nothing about them either. I asked her about the
McDougall Shield and she said that it is gone. She thought Don
Jr took it, but he said he did not, so it's possible that Uncle
Bill took it. I said to Donald that it is rightfully his as I
bought it as a birthday present for his father. As Uncle Bill
has no children it will come to Donald when he dies, but I'd
like to check to make sure he does have it.

Finally met Meg's friend, Catherine. She is a lot heavier than
I thought. She will end up looking like me when she gets older
if she doesn't keep exercising and watching what she eats.

Meg was annoyed that Catherine made no contribution to the cost
of petrol to the airport. It cost Meg nearly $100 to drive down
and pick her up and then take her back. Meg said that she gave
Catherine $30 each time to pick her up AND take her out to the
airport and it is only 1/2 hour from Catherine's home, not the
2 1/2 hours it is here. Really is cheaper going by train now but
it is getting from the city to the airport that is the bugbear.

Deb and Tony were there there are still seperated but not divorced.
Tony did not make the cake for Meg, Deb bought it from Safeway
in Morwell. It was lovely. I thought there would not be enough
to go around but there was so much over that Meg bought a couple
of slices for Ross, Cliff and I on Tuesday at lunch time, she
even took some in for the people at work.

She said that she had a good night. Most of the people left her
party to go to the Rossmore to see a particular singer and she
went with them. So they continued on from there.

No comments: