Tuesday, June 10, 2008

D.V.D. Marathon

This week end I had Kirsten and we had a D.V.D. marathon. As
usual we went to the R.S.L. for tea on Friday night. Kirsten
played in the play room and Cliff and I played the pokies.
Again this week I was a winner, winning $63. Of course I
stopped then. Again Cliff lost just over a $100. Like me he
is complaining that he has no money but he has not changed his
spending habits one iota.

On Saturday we went to Video Ezy and picked up "Bee Movie" and
"Mr.Magorium's Wonder Emporium" (with Natalie Portman and
Dustin Hoffman) Beryl came around about 11 a.m. when I asked
her to come around at 10 a.m. so we would see both movies
BEFORE Cliff came home from the shop.

I enjoyed the "Bee Movie", especially as it was topical. I
doubt many children would have heard that there is 'something'
killing bees and one scientist claimed that after the last bee
died it would be three years before all 'mankind' was dead too.

The movie pointed out the fact, it is the bees which pollinate
the flowers, without them all the flowers will die. However
if flowers die will there be animals who die because there are
no flowers? and I don't believe the bees have any thing to do
with the growth of trees and plants. So there will still be
oxygen. I can't see how the human race would die out if there
were no bees.


Of course Cliff came home before we had finished watching the
second movie. Luckily it was only half an hour so he did not
miss too many races.

On Sunday Beryl came around again and we watched the "Golden
Compass" I was disappointed. It is not a single story but
the first of at least a trilogy and leaves everything up in
the air there is no real ending.

On Sunday night I got "National Treasures Two" as I thought
Cliff would like that and Kirsten could watch it as it was
rated PG, but once the movie was on he started talking and
when I said shh! he got angry and went off to bed saying 'a
man couldn't talk in his own house' so he stayed there
sulking. Not a very good example for Kirsten or very adult
behaviour and considering Carlton had turned a sure loss into
a win, he should have been in a better frame of mind.

On Monday we watched "Enchanted" and I had to love it,
really was a very funny send up of 'fairy tales.' I'm sure
most kids would take it at face value but I, and I'm sure
other adults would see the funny side.

No comments: