Friday, June 20, 2008

A Rant

On May the 28th (Wednesday) I headed down to the local Big W
store in Mid Valley, Morwell. There were fleecy lined track
pants and tops on sale at $8 each. They were in larger sizes
BUT there were no tops so I asked for a rain check.

On the way to buy a set of five plastic containers (to put
all my scapbooking STUFF in) I passed through the scrap-
booking section. Low and behold some items were on special
including ALL the metal tags about two inches by 1 inch. I
saw one that said WOOF on it and thought that would be great
on the page of the dogs in their Christmas hats.

So eventually I head to the register and I have two pair of
pants, the sign and the plastic container set, (4 itms in
total). There is a quick register and the one with a long
line, but the quick register says 3 items or less. So I'm
forced to stand in the longer line.

I get to read the sign above the register a HUGE sign about
a meter by a meter. It says Big W guarantee that correct
prices will be scanned. If an item scans incorrectly $3
will be taken off the total purchase price. Or alternately
if the item is under $3 the customer will receive it free.

So I present my items. The 'woof' sign came up at $1.98
yet it was on special at $1.60 something, so I said to the
lady "I'm sorry but that item is on special.." So she
called for a price check. It was 2.50 p.m. At 3.p.m she
had to close the register and end her shift so I was moved
to another register. At 3.05 p.m. a young man comes up
with the tag and says yes it is on special for $1.66, so
the young girl goes to put it in and I say "Excuse me but
don't I get the item for free?" She says "No." So I point
out the sign. She said she didn't know about it. (What
sort of training did she get??) So she calls the front
end girl and tells her what I said and the front end girl
says "No you pay the special price." So once more I point
out the sign! She then said the young man must have made
a mistake and checked the wrong item!!!!!! So sends
someone else to check it. I say I'm going to pick up my
watch from the jeweller's.

I come back and it is 3.25 p.m. The front end girl informs
me that the article is on special and she is just checking
with the manager to see if I get the item for free. At
3.30 p.m. she says "Yes, I get it for free." The till girl
says how does she do that and the front end girl says you
ring it up as 1 cent.

So I was right!! but it did take some time and I was
NOT HAPPY JAN.

More on this next time. Yes there is more!!!

1 comment:

ematejoca said...

I found your comment on my blog.
Thanks a lot.
I have two blogs. The greeen one and the blue one.If you go to a blog, you get the another one, if you click: TEMIRA!
On the blue one I write often in your language. I have there a lot of pictures, and american videos. You don´t need to understand everything, please, just say: hallo.
So long!