Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Rant (Cont)

On Thursday 6th June I was telling a scrapbooking friend
Karen about the trouble I had at Big W. As I said to her
it was the last day of the sale and surely I was not the
ONLY PERSON to buy one of those little metal signs yet no
one had picked up the error as it had not been corrected
in the Big W computer.

She told me how she had gone to Bunnings one Saturday
morning recently to attend a session on tiling which was
to start at 10 a.m. Well at 10.15 a.m. no instructor had
come but a few other people had come and gone. Well as
she wanted to attend another session which was to start
at 11 a.m. she went to the registers and asked to speak
to the manager. Turned out there was a miscommunication
as the person who was suppose to do the first session was
ill. So the manager gave her a $50 voucher on the store
for the inconvience! and she hadn't even bought anything!

So on Friday the 7th June when I sit down to work out my
monthly expenses and check the Big W docket you can't image
how cross I was to find the till girl had rung up the
'woof' sign not only as 1 cent but at the special price
of $1.65.

She never mentioned that she had rung up the item already!!!

So on Monday the 10th June I head back into Big W and ask
to speak to the manager. I tell him the story and when I
get to the part about having to wait in the long line and
therefore had a chance to read the sign over the register
lane I turned to point out the sign to him and low and
behold IT IS NO LONGER THERE!!!!

Well the young man Daniel is only the manager for the DAY
not the manager of the shop and he says "Oh that's easy
fixed we'll just refund the $1.65" and I say "Well that
would have worked when it happened but not now seeing as
how much inconvenience I had been put to just to 'right a
wrong.' I told him Karen's story about Bunnings and said
"and she didn't experience nearly as much inconvenince as
I have."

Well he asked "What do you want?" and I replied "$25"
being 1 and 1/2 hours of my time at $14 an hour and petrol
costs of about $3 plus the amount due back of $1.65 being a
total of $25.65. But he said he could not make a decision
and would have to speak to the big boss on Wednesday.

On the Wednesday Daniel rang me and said the manager was
only prepared to offer $15!! so I actuall ended up out of
pocket as I had to make another trip down there and it was
another 1/2 hour in time!! total cost to me $32:65!!

So I was not happy at all about the result. I doubt if I'll
shop there again.

No comments: