Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Coffee

As a child I watched my mother have a cuppa at mid morning
and mid afternoon. I had my first cup of tea at eight years
of age. It was not till I was 19 and flatting with 'flatmates'
that I discovered coffee.

At its' height I was drinking nearly 10-12 cups a day (late
1980's early 1990's) but then I received a redundancy package.

I guess it was 'the stress' of work, because my coffee drinking
fell away to about six cups a day.

Now I am lucky if I have two cups a day. There are days when
I have three cups and other days when I have NONE.

So what brought this memory up?

I was looking through a scrapbook magazine and a scrapper had
done a layout on coffee using a 'Gloria Jean' thermal mug.

I have decided to do a similiar layout.

Being a Gloria Jean (by name) (I thought I had written this
before) I went with Beryl to 'Gloria Jean's' (the Traralgon
store)for a coffee and despite proof of name they would not
give me a free coffee, but I bought the thermal mug so now
everyone knows it is my coffee.

I HAVE NEVER BEEN BACK TO BUY ANOTHER COFFEE!

I have tried MacDonald's coffee and it is O.K. but I like
Subways Cappuccino. I read someone that the Italians
consider Cappuccino to be a breakfest coffee only and refuse
to serve it after 10 a.m. Of course the best coffee I have
had in the last couple of years is at Clauda's cafe in
George St, Morwell, an iced coffee that is $1-2 cheaper than
any where else!

However about the same time Beryl and I discovered sachet
coffee. It is more expensive than buying a jar of coffee,
but less fuss and mess and the coffee doesn't go hard as
it is a one serve sachet. I prefer Nescafe and I buy them
when they are on special, $4 for ten sachets, so it is a hell
of a lot cheaper than paying $5 for a coffee in a fancy cafe.

Nescafe have so many varities Cappuccino, Sweet Cappuccino
Latte, Mocha, Caramel, (my favourite), Irish Cream, (Beryl's
favourite), Hazelnut and Vanilla.

So now my coffee addiction is under control!( and not the
one that Maxwell Smart works for!!)

No comments: