Thursday, October 30, 2008

"Diane Keaton" Fest

Over last week end I had a Diane Keaton feast. It was not
meant to be but just turned out that way.

On Friday 24th I got Mama's Boy which Cliff and I watched.
The mother was played by Diane Keaton. It is about a young
man still living at home, like Ross. The son works in a
book shop and Cliff owns and operates a book shop!! SPOOKY!!

On Saturday 25th I picked up Maddy and her little friend and
withBeryl we watched Horton Hears a Who. Good example of
ethical codes.

Saturday night Cliff and I watched Smother which again had
Diane Keaton as the mother. Interesting note both the 'sons'
in these films were 29 year old men.

On Sunday 26th Beryl could not come as she had a headache so
I watched Made of Honour by myself. It is a remake of the
Julia Robert's film My Best Friend's Wedding. But of
course beacuse the main character is the man he has to win
through while Julia Robert's character of course being a
woman had to suffer and miss out!!!

That night Cliff picked up a movie called Mad Money, which
was a remake of an English film, but I can't recall the title,
but it is about women working in the 'bank' where paper money
is destroyed. Well the American version followed the English
version and Diane Keaton played the leader of the gang!

So she must have really had a busy year with these three films
and how many others??

No comments: