Thursday, October 16, 2008

Girls Night In

On Tuesday 14th Curves held a 'Girls Night In' to raise funds
for Cancer research into breast cancer. As it is awareness
month for breast cancer it all made sense.

It was a $2 entry fee and $2 for raffle tickets.

I 'won' a door prize of some 'summer eye make up.' As I
haven't worn eyemake up for about fifteen years, it wasn't
exactly the most useful prize.

I had bought $4 worth of raffle tickets (3 for $2). So that
was 6 tickets. Mandy T bought $10 worth (15 tickets.) I
won nothing and Mandy won 6 prizes, a return rate of 40%. If
I had that return rate I would have got two prizes. What I
wanted to win was a sweat head band as I have one and it has
to last all week before I wash it while it realy should be
washed at least every three days.

Other members and friends who do party plans were invited to
take a stall for $30 and promote their products.

There was a PartyLite lady and I told her the sad story of
the items I had returned as one broke within three months and
the other arrived broken. She also took one of my candles that
cost about $25. It was all suppose to be replaced free of
charge. I chased the girl for nearly TWO years till she
completely disappeared but never got the items replaced or
returned. I eventually spoke to her local supervisor who said
I should contact the company. She gave me a nice candle holder
(free) but I really thing she should have contacted the company,
for me.

The items outstanding cost about $100.

Anyway there was also an auction of goods and services to
members to help raise money. When a PartyLite item came up,
Brenda said it "was a $17 candle and a $50 voucher." So I
eventually won with $32. When I went in the next day I found
out it WAS NOT a $50 voucher but a Hostess incentive certificate.
"Hold a party and when guests spend over $400 THEN the hostess
is entitled to receive $50 worth of products." Which is worth
nothing to me as I am already holding a party!! So it seems
PartyLite have GOT me again as I paid $32 for a $17 candle.

What is the saying "Buyer Beware?" How true!!!

No comments: