Sunday, October 12, 2008

OV

On Thursday 9th October, Cliff and I attended a free concert at
Kernot Hall, Morwell, given by Orchestra Victoria (OV).

It was the first classical music concert I have been to and I
quite enjoyed the music. Of cousre they played the well know
Carmen and Cliff was so carried away that he started humming and
tapping his foot, much to the disgust of the lady in front of us
who turned around and glared.

We arrived just as they were announcing the first 'band' which
was the local 'Youth Brass Band.' I found some of their music
somewhat tinny but that could just have been me.

When OV came on I was amazed at the number of strings they had.
Three double bass, four cello and violins and one harp player.

There were four men in the percussion section one played the
drums, another the bass drum and once the cymbals. The other
two played the cymbals, the triangle, castanets and tambourine.

There were five men with grey hair in various sections of the
orchestra but only three grey haired ladies and they were all
in the strings.

The big disappoinment was "The Supper." In the Lifestyle magazine
it had said that at the interval there was to be a supper and all
proceeds to go to the local cancer section of the hospital. As I
had no time for tea I was eagerly awaiting the break. but the only
'food' available was chocolate bars!!!

So the second half was spoilt for me by the rumbling of my stomach!!!

No comments: