Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Audrey and Tom Visit

Audrey is Cliff's mother and Tom is her fiance. They live in Mildura. So she is my almost mother in law and a lovely woman. As Kathleen says she is the only grandmother she has.

They arrived yesterday Wednesday the 8th August, in the morning. They will be staying at Cliff's till Sunday, then they are off to Graham's (Tom's son) who lives in Beacinsfield or thereabouts.

Picked up Kath and Kirsten and we went to Cliff's for tea, for their first night here. Tom and Audrey cooked. A nice roast. Unfortunately there was not enough pumpkin as I love it. Audrey went without.

At first Ross was all, there isn't enough room ! What are you all doing here? It's family! If Tom can be considered family after ten years of being with Audrey then suely the same applies to me? It's times like this when I realise that Ross still does not accept me and obviously never will.

Surprisingly Keith was on his best behavour and spoke to myself, Kath and even made the effort to go and have a conversation with Kirsten.

Found out that Kath only eats chicken and no other meat. Cliff asked why hadn't I told him this before and I said I too only just found out, but she enjoyed her vegies. Kirsten didn't eat too much as she was feeling a little queasy in the stomach.

But in the end the meal was quite friendly and tasted great.

Keith had to leave early to go to work and Kirsten had school so I was home just before 8.30 p.m. Not a late night at all. So Ross got his alone time with Nan and Tom.

No comments: