Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Kirsten Cons Poppy Cliff

I mentioned that Kirsten received money for her birthday. Well she came to stay the weekend of July 21st -22nd. While I was in Drouin she was with Poppy Cliff helping at the shop.

It seems the money was burning a hole in her pocket. She had spoken about what she wanted to buy on Friday night and I told her I would take her to K Mart in Traralgon on Sunday to get them.

When I got home, it was to find that she had told Cliff that her mother had said she could go to K Mart and buy the Bratz doll and the Tamagotchi. So HE took her after work on Saturday afternoon.

Now as I'm sure EVERYONE knows Saturday at 9.01 a.m. EST the last Harry Potter book went on sale.

So the first thing they see as they walk into the shop was a big stack of Harry Potter books. Kirsten points them out and tells Poppy Cliff that Nanny would want one. He says "If I buy it, it'll turn out she will have already bought one for herself." Now as I was in a talk all day how was that going to be possible? It turns out he nust have been the only person in the world that didn't know that the book was being released that day. Considering he is in the book selling game and I had mentioned it to him on at least three different occasions it goes to show how much he takes in.

Well Kirsten selected a doll that cost $75 and the Tamagotchi cost $20. When Cliff told me I was stunned. "It had better be made of gold to cost $75!!" I said He said it was reduced to $33. Even so I still think for a doll that has no electronics it is a steep price. Total cost $53, now Kirsten had $40, so Poppy Cliff forked out the difference. Conned!

When I told Kirsten she can't always get what she wanted because of the cost, she said "Mum will pay the difference." Mum is on the Newstart Allowance! So I told Kirsten that was not the case and that she would have to learn to SAVE her own money to buy what she wanted. She got all pouty and wanted to go home to MUM.

I was firm and said No you came for the week end and you're staying the weekend. In the end she stopped carrying on and quietly played with her dolls.

On Sunday we went to Beryl's and watched DVD's. Kirsten ended up having a good day.

No comments: