Monday, August 6, 2007

Time.

I realised early on that the time stamped on these postings is haywire. It then came to me it is USA time. You would think that with all the technology available today someone could work out how the correct time could be put on a post that originates ouside the states.

Time is the thing everyone complains about. Usually because we don't have enough of it. True in the grand scheme of things. Our average life span is 80 years and how quickly that goes.

Just ask any mother. One minute she is giving birth the next minute that baby is celebrating a 21st Birthday. She will tell you she can remember the birth as if it was yesterday and in the macro view it was just yesterday.

Ask a busy person to do something and they will manage to find enough time to do it. Yet we say there isn't enough time.

I looked at my time and it breaks up daily as about two hours reading the paper and doing crosswords. Two hours watching T.V. Two hours playing electronic games. Three hours writing and two hours general reading. Eight hours of sleep. That's only 19 hours a day so I have no idea what has happened to those missing hours. Washing, dressing, toilet, eating, etc I guess.

Oh yes I do very little house work. After all there is just me, a load of clothes once a week. Run the dishwasher once a week and I'm done.

A young person comes in and does the gardening for two hours once a week. I once enjoyed the gardening, but with my back these days, it's one of the pleasures I've lost. Nothing like the warm winter sun on your face.

The birds are chirping at this very moment as if calling me to come outside, instead of being chained to my keyboard. But I must resist. A writer writes! and so I have to go and do some writing. Keep my nose to that grind stone.

No, only at times, mostly I LOVE writing.

No comments: