Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Year's Eve

"Help" (The Beatles Film) was on Prime and as I had not seen it
since I was a teenager I decided to watch it.

They put a documentary on about The Beatles music being used in
one of those circus shows and as it commenced, a 'hoon' reved
his bike and took off down the street. A few minutes later it
happened again and it kept going on, for half an hour, I went
outside and it was some neighbours (young blokes reving a three
wheeled off road bike riding it on the footpath). I asked them
to stop reving the bike as I couldn't hear my T.V. despite the
fact I had the volumn on the top level. Thankfully they did stop
and no-one smashed anything during the night. I had asked
politely and said "please."

The first time I saw "Help" I was with the Burke kids and their
friend Michael. Michael sat next to me and held my hand. He
was my first boyfriend. I was 15 and he was 17. I saw him for
three years and then he floored me by asking me to marry him!!
I said no, as I wanted to be a teacher. (In those days most
married women did not work.)

We broke up and he tried to kiss me goodbye. It was my first
kiss! but as he darted towards me I instinctively backed away
and he ended up pecking me on the forehead. I didn't want my
first kiss to be with someone I was breaking up with!!!

Any way I watched the film and now realise why I couldn't remember
it. It was crap. I also realised where the Monkees producers
got the stupid ideas for the nonsensical movies they made...
from the Beatles!!

I rang Donald at 11.45 p.m. to wish him a Happy New Year. He
was at Ryan's celebrating with Nathan.

So I rang Kath and she said she had given her blessing for Nathan
to go off and she was having a great time curled up on their
bed with the three girls watching the New Year in, on Channel
Ten. I was still on Prime. I rang off at five minutes to
midnight so we could watch our sets.

I took photos of the fireworks in Melbourne from the T.V. and I
wonder how they will turn out. (Some not too bad. Others crap.)

Meg said she was going to the Harbour to watch the fireworks on
the Bridge so I asked her to get lots of pictures for me and I
can featured them on a New Year's Eve scrapbook page. (August
now and I have still to get them from her!!!)

I did see some of the Sydney fireworks on New Year's Day when
they gave a recap in the news about the riot that took place
and the fact that 96 people were arrested!!

No comments: