Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Shoe Room

I was watching "The Italian Job" the other day and at the
end of the film it says that the guy with the loss of
hearing in his right ear was able to buy the house he
wanted on the Spanish Rivera and he EVEN HAD A ROOM JUST
FOR HIS SHOES.

My idea of heaven.

I even liked the shoe display closet that Goldie Hawn
had built by Kurt Russell in "Overboard."

So this week I finally got round to cleaning out my old
'study.' There was heaps of paper to be thrown out. All
my writing is now in the filing cabinet leaving the new
study clear for this years work...on writing.

The desk in the old study is now set up as my scrapbook
center. The old shevles are now emptied so I have
started to get boxes from shoe shops and put my shoes
into them and put them on the shelves.

The extra wood cost $41, which I thought was outrageous!
Coated shelving units cost about the same!!

The brackets for the shelves of course were not available
so I had to buy two other sets in the hope that one set
would fit. Of course it was the most expensive set that
fitted. A cost of $24 for 4 brackets.

Now I have to photograph the shoes, load the pictures
into the computer, print them out, cover the boxes with
paper and stick the pictures on the boxes, at least a
two week job!

But the room looks really good.

No comments: