Thursday, March 20, 2008

Cricket Grand Final

Two weeks ago Don Jr's team Ex Students were in the 3rd grade
grand final against Traralgon, played at Traralgon. I went
along to watch the game, on the Saturday. His team batted
first and scorded 174 which I though was pretty good.

I offered to mind the kids for a few hours on Saturday night
while he had a beer or two to celebrate.

As it turned out they lost. The other team won by one run
and three overs.

So it was to commiserate that he went out drinking. He left
the kids at 6 p.m. and said "I'll only be a few hours."

By ten I put the kids to bed and left the lounge door
unlocked and the light on. Connor did not want to sleep at
Cliff's, he said that he wanted to go home. I said I was
not driving all the way to Morwell and spending the night
at Don Jr's (in case he didn't come home.)

Every time I went to the toilet during the night I checked
the kids and the bed I had made up on the couch for Don Jr.
The kids were okay and Don wasn't home at 6 a.m. which was
the last time I woke up before 9 a.m. when he was home.

I took the kids to Subway to buy them breakfest. The night
before we had pizza ($31) and breakfest cost $8. They wanted
drinks but I was hard and said water. I was running out of
money and Don had not given me any. He still hasn't given
me any!!!

We had just finished and were about to go look at Officeworks,
when my mobile rang. It was 11 a.m. and Don wanted to know
where we were.

I went and picked him up (from Cliff's) and he said that he
had left his car keys at the Traralgon Club. So I drove him
there but they were not opened and as there was no time on
the front of the door, so it was hard to say exactly when
they would be open.

So rather than wait around with the kids I said I would take
them to Beryl's and he could pick the up from there.

They loved Beryl's.

Maddy loved the pet rat that Beryl had bought Alisha (just
that morning!) she played with it and Alisha in Alisha's room.

Andrew was there and was quite pleasant.

Connor loved the games on the computer and on his first try
nearly beat Beryl's best score! and certainly outshone
Alisha, though she is 6 to his 7 and a 1/2.

Sam ran around the garden trying to find the frog he could
hear but Beryl said it is in the roof.

They all thought the birds were beautiful. Sam chased the
dogs. They seemed to love it. Maddy and Alisha patted the
cats when they got tired of the rat.

We had pizza for lunch and Beryl gave flavoured milk to the
kids.

At about 2.30 p.m. Don rang up and said he was coming to get
the kids.

He showed up with Meg in the car. He gone to Morwell to pick
her up as she had arrived home in the early hours of the
morning to find that she had left her house keys in her car!!
in Traralgon.

The dangers of drinking are varied!!!

The kids didn't want to go but frankly by then I was exhausted.

I went home and slept for a solid three hours!! and resolved
NOT to have the three kids again. Too much!! over too long a
period.

No comments: