Thursday, March 6, 2008

One of My Oldest Friend (and Lost Friends)

When you say that, most people think of some decrepit doddering
person. In actual fact Anne Arneman is about nine months
younger than I am. She turns 58 on the 12th March this year.

We met in first grade at St. Declan's Primary school in Penshurst
N.S.W. it was 1956 so we have been friens for 52 years (That's
were the oldest part comes into it~!)

I have not known her the longest but we have stayed in contact
throughout all those years. Though it has been over 16 years
since I last saw her.

My oldest friend would be Dorothy Tedro she was just a baby in a
pram when I met her in 1953-54. But I have had no contact with
her since the mid 1990's, which is not my fault as I still live
at the same address. It is she who has moved (she was last in
Sydney, as her husband was some T.V. executive) and has not
contacted me again.

It is sad really when we lose our childhood friends.

Kathy O'Hara was one of my best friends form Marist Sister's
College, boarding school, at Woolwich, N.S.W. She had been a
day pupil but became a boarder in 1966 and again in 1967 and we
were in contact till she and her husband built their new house
in Queensland. And like Dot I haven't moved, my address is
still the same, yet after Kathy's move she hasn't written to me
again. The last Christmas card I sent her, came back.

If they GOOGLE themselves then maybe that will connect with
this blog and they can write to me at gloriathorn@yahoo.com.au.
(A pity in some cases, there is very little snail mail, but the
world moves on and we are dragged along with it.) Please girls
if you read this write! It will only take a few minutes out of
your day.

No comments: