Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Having a Whinge

If this is high speed broadband then I'm a monkey's aunt!! I turned
my computer on at 4.50 p.m. and finally got to write this blog at
5.36 p.m. that is 46 minutes of WAITING for connections, nothing
high speed about that!

The phantom thief struck again this weekend. I came home on Monday
to find the room freshner that Cliff gave me, gone. It was the first
thing I noticed as I walked in the door I took a sniff and thought
that's strange it's not stinking up the house as it usually does when
I come home and the house reeks of sweet smelling flowers, because
the thing goes off every 36 minutes and the house is locked up so I
looked up at it and it was GONE!!

I thought as I had gone to the expense of replacing my front door
lock ($60) that would keep whoever it was OUT, but my son said he
came around and just 'pushed' the door and it opened. Yes it
appears locked and it takes a solid thump but it does just spring
open! so then I went out yesterday and bought a drill (as on one of
the previous visits the thief took my new drill) and I am going to
put two bolts on the door and bolt it shut this side and go out the
back way at the weekends.

So the cost of stopping this thief has cost me $125 not including
the other stuff he or she has taken.

No comments: