Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Malicious Software Virus

I turned my computer on at 8.45 a.m. Friday morning and found
out the reason why the computer was working so slow on Thursday
was that I had a 'malicious software virus' according to Spyware
Doctor, though not a peek out of my 360 Norton Security!!

It took one hour and forty five minutes to do a full scan and
reported that nearly 3,000 files were infected.

It partically removed the virus and said to complete the
process I had to close down the computer and reboot. I did so,
but when I rebooted everything was frozen.

I continued to shut down and reboot all day but couldn't open a
thing.

Meg came along on Sunday evening and of course it worked first
time for her, but when I went to use it on Monday I had the
same problem of everything being frozen.

Meg came tonight (Tuesday) and fixed it for me after 45 minutes
but the Norton 360 is failing to scan and do its job.

So am not up to date with my Blog.

No comments: