Friday, March 28, 2008

Don Sr

Well it happened just like I thought.

We wanted to go and bring him 'home' on Labour day but no he
wanted to see what treatment was available in Ipswich, so of
course he stayed and guess what? there was no treatment,
namely bacause he only weights 50 kg now, and the drugs would
kill him quicker than the cancer.

So we said come at Easter and he said he didn't have enough
time to pack up but would try but he was taken to hospital
with a suspected heart attack on Thursday, March 27th, 2008.

Turns out it was just panic because he couln't breathe. But
he has been in hospital since and I doubt he'll be leaving it.

Well Meg rang me in tears as Shirley had just rang her in
tears. He has put a 'do not resuscitate' order on himself.

So Meg booked Don and her on the first available flight.
That was a Virgin Blue plane that left at 4 p.m.

The tickets cost me $220 and some small change ONE WAY,
because it was Friday and last minute. Of course they will
pay me back in a couple of months.

But worse was to come, as Kath was at Paynesville there was
no way she could get back to fly out then.

So I rang Kim and asked her and she agreed to go and say
'goodbye' to her father which I felt was a very good thing
as she needed the closure.

But half an hour before they were due to drive off she
changed her mind and Sarah went instead. I think Kim will
regret that eventually. Her reasoning was she did not want
to see him all wasted away but remember him healthy.
(Bullshit!)

I felt she really needed to get all the anger she feels
towards him out so that he has a chance to tell her he did
love her all along.

But it is done.

Of course I had to ring the airline for the third time and
this time change the ticket thankfully it did not add to
the cost.

When I went to book those tickets for the 7.p.m. flight
they were $440 and some change ONE WAY. (EACH!)

So the people that are working got the cheaper flight and
the two on government assistance got the dearest tickets.
Which will take forever to pay off. (August and Kath has
paid (she is not working) but Sarah who is working part
time has not paid a cent!!!)

The thing being I HAVE TO PAY IT ALL OFF IN A MONTH or be
charged interest, on my credit card!!!

I had to ring Kath's doctor and then check with the airline
as she is due in early July if it was OK for her to fly,
she has another month to go before she can't fly.

Of course Kath was really upset. Then Talhia and Jasmine
caught her anxiety and were upset when she left. Kirsten
is older and knows what is happening. So I rang up and got
Angela, who took my car and drove Sarah and Kath to the
airport, to go and pick Kirsten, when Angela was driving
back home. So Kirsten wouldn't have to put up with Talhia
and Nathan over the weekend.

I rang Don Jr at 9 p.m. to see how they were, as I had tried
Meg's phone twice and it had gone to voice mail and he said
he was on his way to the airport to pick up his sisters. I
told him that Kim changed her mind and sent Sarah instead.

He said that Dad would be disappointed as he reckoned that
the old man was just hanging out to see the other two of his
kids ( as he has not got on with Tracey for awhile.

Don rang at 9.30 p.m. to see where the 'girls' where? as he
was at the airport and couln't find them.

Angela had told me when I rang her at 7 p.m. that Kath and
Sarah got the plane (they arrived at 6.45 p.m.!!) but I had
warned the airplane that they would be running late.

So when Angela arrive here at 10 p.m. I asked her for Sarah's
number as Kath had her phone off.

Angela said that Kath had no money on her card and that
Sarah's phone had money but was not working so they put
Sarah's SIM card into Kath's phone. So I rang Donald to
give him the number but he said the plane ran half an hour
late and it had only just disembarked the passangers and he
had just received a call from Kath and HELLO there they were.
So I let him get on with it.

Meg rang at 1.15 a.m. Saturday morning, to say that only
one person could stay overnight at the hospital and Shirley
was staying so they had all come back to Dad's house and were
settling in for the 'night.'

She said he is on pain killers and constant oxgyen but seems
to be resting comfortably. He is a little stoned but wanting
to talk about THE PAST. (Which I guessed would happen.)

She said that when she arrived they had a tube in his lung to
drain the fluid and it was hard for him to breathe but once
they removed that, just prior to Kath's arrival he looked a
lot better.

More later.

No comments: