Saturday, August 13, 2011

Last Minute Change.

For the past couple of months I have been getting
Cliff to drive me home, on his way to the shop on
Saturdays and then again on Sundays, on his way to
the market. I have been getting my e mails done.

By Friday the 12th August I was down to 40 e mails
unopened! I was thinking that by Sunday I would
have done them ALL! But at lunchtime on Friday,
just after Donald poped in to pay me the $15 he
owed me from picking the kids up from school.
Cliff said that "no" he would not be driving me
home on Saturday and when I asked why not, he said
that I had to do the shop on Saturday. He did not
ASK me to do the shop he told he I HAD to do the
shop!

When I asked why he said that he had to go to
Melbourne. When I asked how long he knew about
that he said Thursday night. No, it seems he
thought that ringing me at 8 p.m. on Thursday
was a waste of time as he was seeing me at lunch
time Friday. No thought that I might have some
plans of my own!

As it turned out I bought a crossword puzzle book
and spent the three hours in between customers
doing the puzzles. The take for the day wasn't too
bad and his business in Melbourne went off well too.

But I had to pay for my own meals and drinks and
got nothing from the day. He was the one who made
money.

No comments: