Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Weather (you like it or not)!! (HA,HA)

Last week we had four lovely sunny days in a row.
Thought the temperature was not that great as there
was no heat in the sun. But I did manage to go see
Kath last Wednesday and the girls were having a day
off because of teacher training.

When I was teaching our training took part during
the 'school holidays'. I had to go to the uni to
attend courses and we had to sign in every morning
and sign out each night. Times have really changed.
When I started teaching I earned the princely sum
of $49 (clear)a week!

Any way Talhia took it into her head that it was
100 degrees outside and put on her swimmers and
when out and put the hose on for her Jasmine and
the dog to 'cool' of in. I have the proof in a
photo which I will hopefully add later.

I finally did manage to get all the grass cut, but
not around the edges which are still soaking wet.
Now all I have to do is trim the rose bushes and
I'm all set for spring which is less that three
weeks away. Though this week it is back to cold,
wet weather. Thankfully the wind has died down.

The brollys that I ordered a 2 months ago for Meg
and I because of the wet, windy weather have not
come, though I did receive a letter saying that
there had been an unprecedented demand and thus
I would not receive mine till the end o September,
I doubt if we will need them then, god I hope not!!

No comments: