Monday, August 1, 2011

Old Shows and "New" Stars.

Have been watching a lot of old "Murder She Wrote"
episodes on TV1 at Cliff's over the last couple of
months.

In the following episode Series 3 "Death Stalks
the Big Top" a very young Courtney Cox plays
Jessica's great niece.

This was a bit eerie as the very next thing I
watched was a CSI Miami Episode 19 Series 3 "And
They're Offed." Where a character called Terrance
Chase, a trainer at the race course, was actually
played by the same bloke that plays Courtney Cox's
ex husband in "Cougar Town." Then it got weirder,
as in the next scene, we see the course vet, Mark,
and the actor playing that role aslo plays
Courtney Cox's boyfriend in "Cougar Town."

The thing is I reckon I would not have known these
actors if I had not seen "Freinds" or "Cougar Town"
first.

I know that there are a lot of shows that I watch
for a second time and it is 3-7 years after I first
saw them. In the meantime a minor character from
the show has got a major role in some show that I
watch quite regularly so that when I go back and
see the show where they first appeared I now KNOW
them whereas I did not the first time around.

No comments: