Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Pat's Day 2011

Cliff and I went to Flannigan's Bar last night.
Meg was meeting Paul there. So she said that we
were not to go to that pub! But we did. I think
Cliff was more curious than I was what Paul looked
like.

We were lucky enouigh to get a seat as soon as we
ewalked in the door, which was great as we could
see every one who went in or out.

We arrived before Meg but she was not that far
behind us. Cliff and I had barely started our
first drink when she arrived.

Of course she saw us when she came in. She went
up to the bar and bought us a drink, but it turned
out that to get a green furry hat with ST. Patrick's
Day 2011 on it you had to buy a glass of Guiness
and neither Meg nor Cliff like Guiness! But it did
not matter as they were out of hats by then as it
was nearly 10 p.m. and they had been giving them out
from 6 p.m. But the bartender gave Meg a free T
shirt with Guiness on it. It was cream T shirt with
the writing and a harp in gold.

Cliff asked me what Meg drank and I said Jack Daniels
but it was Jim Beam, and she does not drink it with
Cola! So he bought the Jack and took it around to her
so he could get a look at Paul.

No comments: