Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Dick's Birthday and other news.

Stopped in at Dick's and Helga's on the way to cards and it
turned out it was Dick's birthday. I was surprised when
Helga said that he was 84 years old that day. I thought he
was about 70 - 75! He looks really good for his age! Helga
said that she is 78 years old this year. That is only two
years younger than my birth mother would be if she is alive!

Did well at cards again with 110 though I only got one 15
game. But I was third again, equal with two other players.

On Tuesday I was not late for my appointment with Wade but
he was annoyed that I had not applied for the telephone
postition and said that I have to apply even if my phone
voice is not good. What a waste of time and effort.

Decided to do a scrapbooking page on Cliff and I, as a couple
but featuring stamps as we are both collectors. Was delighted
to find an old photo of my self when I went to the ball with
Robert Zeltzer. Of course I had cut him out years ago but I
did look good. In fact I can see a resemblance to Meg.

Also found the old flag that belonged to Dad's unit. It is
rather moth eaten but I can still read it. I wonder if I can
use it to get information through the R.S.L on his unit and
war service? Worth a try. It might also clear up the question
of when the photo of my parents was taken as Dad is definitely
wearing some sort of uniform.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Gloria

You can lots of info on war records and service on the internet.
Australian archives is one good place to look
NOminal roll world war one, two or whatever
Also there is a site ran by Peter Dunn who lists all the battalion groups and what they did and names etc.
You should take a look.
best regards
carmel