Monday, May 26, 2008

Grandkids at Soccer

I received a survey from Val Morgan to do two pictures this
week end. I did one on Friday and as I thought it a waste
of petrol just to drive over for a survey of the ads on Satur
day I asked Beryl if she wanted to go and see "What Happens
in Vegas" with me. She said she'd check her money and let me
know. The cost was $11:50 for concession and Beryl said she
had $11 only, but I thought as she had paid for the coffee for
me last week, I would make up the difference.

But at lunch on Friday Don Jr came over from the shop, as he
had come home early to pick up his kids and told me that
Samual and Connor were playing soccer against Talhia's team
at Newborough.

I had been thinking after doing Don Jr's scrapbooking for his
soccer that it would be nice to have a first season of soccer
for the boys. Like father like son, sort of thing.

So I agreed to go and watch the game from 9.30 a.m. till
10.30 a.m.

I thought well if I'm going to be over in Newborough and
driving back through Morwell to go back to Traralgon I could
do the theatre ads without paying to watch the film. Meaning
I would have the extra money to pay for the damage done to my
mirror by
the garbage bin on Tuesday.

Before going to the RSL on Friday night I reminded myself
when Cliff and I got back to his house that I would have to
ring Beryl and let her know the change of plans.

Unfortunately the next time I thought of it was just before
going to bed at midnight. So I thought I'll ring her in the
morning but then remembered she said she was going to the
Farmers Market so I thought 'I'll ring her at 11 .a.m. when
I get home from soccer as I told her I'd be there at 11 .a.m.'

Well things started out well. I planned the route for the
garage sales but I told Cliff we had to finish no later than
8.25 a.m. as I had to go to gym before heading off to see
the game.

But we didn't finish till 8. 35 a.m. but I thought no problem
I'll just do one circuit at gym and be up to date. I arrived
at the gym at 8.45 a.m. and did the one circuit and was
leaving at 9.05 a.m. when Meg rang to ask could I drive her
over to the game.

I had thought it would take the 25 minutes to drive to the
game via my house to pick up the book for Kath and deliver
it after the game.

I drove straight to Meg's and got there at 9.20 a.m. We got
to the end of her street and she realized that she had
forgotten her sunnies so we went back. Stopped at my place
and then drove to the game getting there at 9.55 a.m. So I
will have to remember it is more like a 40 minute drive than
a 30 minute drive from Traralgon to Newborough.

But I took lots of photos of the kids playing and am hoping
that some of them turn out OK. Can't print them at the moment
as the printer is staging a coup.

Told Kath and Nathan, Cliff and I had bought a cot for them
for $30 and Darren, Cliff's friend had a matress he wanted
$50 for if they were interested.

The game had just finished and I was saying goodbye when my
mobile rang. It was Beryl wondering when I was coming. I
told her the plans for the day had changed as I was at
Newborough at the kids soccer. She got most upset and when
I said that I would come and see her on Sunday she said that
she might be busy and hung up on me.

I tried ringing her twice on Sunday, once at 11 a.m. and once
at 11.30 a.m. on her home phone but it went to mail, I also
tried her mobile at 11.15 a.m. but it was turned off, and she
has not rung me back and it is now 4 p.m. on Tuesday so she
is having a good sulk.

I went to Kath's at Yallourn Nth and did the delivery and was
home by 11.10 a.m. I brought the printer in to print out
another letter for the cinema and realized I had forgotten the
laptop! Luckily they let me in without it, as I explained I had
the one letter and had come yesterday as the company wanted
research on two of the movie ads this week end.

So it was a hectic day, but the lazy Sunday made up for it and
because I did not go to Beryl's I got all my paper journalling
up to date.

No comments: