Friday, May 16, 2008

Twenty Million

Powerball was 20 million bucks, so of course I bought a
ticket, in fact I bought TWO, but like everyone else I was
disappointed not to win, not even a minor prize. Maybe
with luck I'll be the winner of the 30 million!!!

I could do with that money. Not just to pay my bills but
to buy houses for the family.

The developers have finally got that housing project in
McMillan St going. I don't know why they bought George's
old house as they have demolished it but there is no road
there or on the plan and there does not seem to be any plan
to use it as a road as all traffic comes in and out of the
same roundabout in the street.

It has 50 blocks and they are all house and land blocks.
Starting at about $220, 000 and going to $295,000. There
are 11 styles of houses but not a two storey among them so
it is possible that they won't permit a two storey house.

The brochure shows that there will be street plants and red
brick paved driveways as well as the old fashioned green
street lighting. I had hoped that it would be under ground
power lines but I don't know about that as it was not
mentioned.

But then it is a dream. Standing talking to the lady about
the estate I saw Dick and Helga's son but he did not seem to
notice me but then I saw Dick and he saw me and stopped and
spoke. We talked about the new estate which is virtually
right behind his house. He said that he had paid off his
mortage years ago and he doubts if he could get money from
the bank as his stage in life. I know what he means!

No comments: