Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Driveway Fun

Well I left Cliff's just after 4 p.m. on Monday afternoon
and went to the Doctor's and paid his bill. Then I dropped
off the two DVD's at Video Ezy. As I was doubled park I
did not take the keys out of the car but remembering that
the key system is playing up I left the door opened as I
ran up and put the DVD's in the overnight box.

On to the Shell Service Station near Breed St, on the
Princes' H'way. It was 4.40 p.m. by this time and I quickly
threw the boot and petrol levers and jumped out of the car
and slammed the door and ran around to the boot and took out
the petrol container and emptied it into the car and then
filled it. I filled the car and topped off the container.
Put the hose up and the container in the boot, slammed the
boot and went to get my purse to pay, only to find the auto
key locking service HAD LOCKED ME OUT!!!

So there I was in the driveway of the service station with
no means to move my car! I had to wait in the LONG line
of paying customers to explain to the young bloke behind
the counter, who just SMILED and gave me the phone and phone
book. I rang the RACV and they said it could be an HOUR
before they got anyone there.

When I went out to the diveway there were about SIX male
drivers and they were ALL smirking at me. So I explained
that NO I HAD NOT locked my keys in the car, the automatic
service has a fault and locked me out.

I washed the windows of my car and directed traffic away
from that pump. But after 15 minutes I went in and took a
puzzle magazine, the young man lent me a pen and I started
doing the puzzles leaning against the back of my car.

At 5.10 p.m. the RACV man turned up and it took him less
than a minute to get my car door open. (All the times it
has been opened is showing!).

Well with the cost of the magazine and the dicount on the
petrol, it worked out 20 cents cheaper for the petrol. Boy
did I get out of there as quick as I could.

No comments: