Friday, February 5, 2010

Christian

Accoring to my Oxford dictionary, a Christian is one
who follows Christ's teachings, one who is kind, fair
and/or humane.

Last night I encountered a Christian. I had said "Oh
my God" and she asked me to refain from profanity as
she was a Christian.

So I spend the night talking to the nice agreeable
young man next to me instead.

Later in the evening, I remarked to the Christian woman
"How nice the young man was." She replied "The poo..er"
in the most distainfull tone imaginable. I icily answered
"You mean the homosexual?" Even more forciably she
retorted "Poo..ers are what they are, it is a sin against
God to live that way!"

I did not go into it with her, but I thought "Did not
Christ say 'He who is without sin cast the first stone.'"
In other words it is not for us sinful humans to judge
the extent of the sins of others! Then I thought "I
think I am more a Christian than she, even with all
my swearing!"

No comments: