Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Water, Water Everywhere!

It seems that today, my great love, water was to be
mybitter foe.

Firstly I am into recycling water from the washing
machine. When it has washed rather than letting
that first lot of water go down the drain, I fill
buckets and empty it on the back lawn.

Then with the final rinse water I put that into the
water saver mode and into the trough and use it as
the washing water for the next load.

But today when swapping over two buckets, (I had only
filled 4 and usually I get 12 out of a machine load)
the hose slipped out of my hand and fell behind the
machine and before I could move the machine out and
get the hose, about 100 liters of water ran all over
my laundry floor and soaked all my candles that I
keep there! Not happy Jan!

Then I was having my afternoon nanna nap when I
suddenly woke up and thought it is going to rain.
I had cut half the back lawn this morning and left
the lid off the bin and the mower out.

I raced outside and sure enough there were big fat
drops of rain starting to fall. I managered to get
the mower into the pergola area before the engine
got wet. By the time I git back to bed it was
pelting down and the wind was howling and talk about
thunder!

But I had gone out the back door and went back inside
the house via the pergola.

When I went out at 5.30 p.m. to check the washing it
was to find that the rain had come into the laundry,
up to ten feet inside the door and if I had thought
the candles were soaked this moring the package is
now just falling off!

It never rains but it pours! Not usually here! I think
in all the years I have lived in the valley, there has
only been about five times that I have needed to have an
umbrella when it has rained, unlike Sydney! It really
only drizzles here. That is why we have more WET days
than Sydney, but it actually has a higher rainfall.

No comments: