Monday, February 1, 2010

The Good Family

Over the week end I started to count my blessings.

I may not have the greatest relationship in the world-
but it is not the worse either.

I may not have a job, power or money, but I own my house
and that puts a roof over my head, even if it doesn't
have all the bells and whistles, and leaks at times.

But the best thing I have are my children.

When another mother told me her son has threatened to
kill her, he is nearly 40 ( and the threat was at Xmas,)
and another mother told me her two sons who still live
at home, both are near their 30's are so bad that SHE
MOVED OUT, when another mother told me her 33 year old
daughter has not spoken to her in six years, then I
realise how lucky I am to have my three children.

Not only as my ex daughter in law said are we close as
a family but as I told my children all through their
childhood, friends may come and friends may go, but
family are always there, especially for each other.
More than any other, Meg has come to know that is true.

So my children not only get along with me but with each
other even going out clubbing together and on holidays
together.

So the good lord is looking after me after all.

God bless.

No comments: