Monday, February 22, 2010

Things Just Keep Happening!

On Sunday 14th Cliff did remember it was Valentine's Day.
He bought me a packet of biscuits though he knows I am
trying to eat healthy!

Later that day I went to start my car only to find that
though it opened and the lights came on that the engine
would not turn over.

This is the second week in a row that we have had to call
the RACV man out on a Sunday as the week before Beryl's
car would not start.

He ran a battery test and I needed a new battery so that
cost me $132, which of course I don't have. But he also
said that my raditator cap was missing!!! What it jumped
off and ran away? Another $15.

On Thursday I had to go to Center Link and left it till
4 p.m. as I wanted to try to catch Norma before tea time
but after she would have come back from down town.

THE CAR WOULD NOT START!!!

I found the lights were ON.

How that was possible I don't know, as you have to actual-
ly turn the handle to put the lights on and not just flcik
it on. The last time I had driven it was lunch time on
Tuesday. So why would the light be on? As I said I could
not have accidently turned them on. Luckily I caught Cliff
going past mid valley and he helped me push it out onto the
road but the wheel jammed and I was stuck half way across
the road when a car came down the hill and would you
believe it was a young man from Dean's Smash Repairs!!

Well we got the car started down the hill and that usually
works but for the life of me I couldn't get it into gear.
It just keep crunching the gears. I tried second and
third with no luck.

The young man followed me down, THOUGH CLIFF DID NOT.

He put the cables on the car and we got it started that way.
Then Cliff turned up and we swapped cars so that it could
have a good run to Traralgon. What a nice young man he was
to help us.

But of course it was so late by then that I got to Center
Link with THREE minutes to spare to closing time. I burst
into tears when I handed my form in!! and the lady very
nicely listened to my tale of woe!

It was too late to go to Norma's so I will miss out on
collecting some of the money she owes me till next fortnight!

On Friday morning I went to get the keys for Cliff's car
to start packing it and I could not find them!

I searched from 10 a.m. till just before 12 p.m. Luckily
I was meeting John and he got my missed phone call. He
knows that I can be up to 10 minutes late but when it was
15 minutes he realized that something was wrong. He'd gone
to sit on a seat while waiting for me as it was too hot in
the car. Thatis why he missed the call. But he rang and
come around to the house. He had to go to the shop to get
some tubes so willingly gave me a lift. He was driving
his SUV and I found it almost impossible to get into!

Sue was of course waiting for me at the shop' but she did
not make it a quick visit so I ended up spending more time
talking to her that I did to Meg.

But in compensation for that she did drive me home, where I
searched for another 2 hours without finding the missing
keys!

No comments: