Monday, February 8, 2010

Trivia Night at the R.S.L.

Saturday 6th Feb was the first trivia night at the R.S.L.
Cliff invited Tony and Bev, and Richard and his mother
Anita. I invited Karen and Chris. So that made eight
on our team.

There were 8 rounds of 10 questions per round. So the
total was out of 80.

I reckon at a quess Karen answered 25 questions correctly.
I answered 25 correctly ( there was some overlap about ten
between Karen and I) Tony answered 12 questions correctly
as did Cliff (once again there was an overlap of 4 questions)
giving us a total of 60 and the final point came from Anita.
Bev, Chris and Richard contributed nothing. Though Richard
said I was wrong about Sardinia being in the Mediterranean,
so Tony changed it to Adriatic. But I was right so he
actually cost us a point!

There was a question about the 'animal' on four different
countries flags. I said 'eagle' but Cliff outshouthed me
and said it was the Phoenix, I tried to out 'logic' him
by saying way would countries put a mythical bird on their
flags but he won the day and lost us another point as it
was the eagle.

So our score at the end of the night was 61, which placed
us third. Second got 62 points and the winning team got
65 points. So even with my 'other two points' we still
would not have won but we would have come second!

However we all enjoyed the night and Karen surprised Cliff,
as he though her not very smart, but I have known for years
that she does crossword puzzles and the sort of trivia
questions they ask are often found in crossword puzzles!

No comments: